All contests except Super Kudumbam (which is run for charity) are FREE, and are open to everyone regardless of their enrollment in Socal tamil Kalvi.
PONGAL O’ PONGAL!!
1. You can record your dance performance and send us the video recording for our review and consideration to make it part of our Pongal Thiruvizha.
The theme for this event is folk or a concept based on the four days of pongal celebration. All dance forms are welcome! ( Movie songs can be used if it suits your theme)
2. The deadline for the submission of dance performance video is Friday, Jan 15, 2021. Earlier submissions are most welcome.
3. SOLO performances will not be accepted. We suggest a minimum of three participants for the performance.
4.Please upload your video on google drive and send access to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Having a green screen background for your video is preferred but not required. You can edit your videos, to make it look more appealing, before you send it to us.
6. Dance performance and the performers must be professional looking with costumes and make up for the submitted video to be considered for the event telecast.
7. The duration of the dance performance video submitted should not exceed 5 minutes. If you are a sponsor or wish to sponsor for this event, and are submitting your dance video, your performance can be up to 7 minutes.
8. For sponsorship opportunities please contact Arthi (949) 678-9022
Nithya (310) 343-1219
8. You may choose to introduce your participants within the allotted duration of the video, but after the performance.
10. Owing to the limited number of slots available, only dance performance that are looking more professional and entertaining shall be considered for the event telecast.
11. The SoCal Tamil Cultural Committee’s decisions on the selection of the dance performance videos are final.
12. All dance performance videos, including the ones not selected for the event, will be played on our SoCal Tamil Facebook and YouTube channels after the event is over.
13. Please provide all information requested as accurately as possible.
14. All registrations will be reviewed by our cultural committee and changes at a later time is subject to approval.
15. The order of the events decided by the cultural committee will be final and will be announced on the day of the event.
16. Registrations will be closed as soon as the slots fill up and no new registrations will be accepted later.
17. The cultural committee reserves the right to decline any program request based on program content, time duration, violation of any agreed guidelines etc.,
18. SoCal Tamil Organization may use the pictures/video taken at the event in any of the publications, including website, newsletters, other communications etc.
19. Please follow the guidelines laid out by CDC and your local authorities to stay safe and help stop the spread of COVID-19.
a. Wear masks when you go out
b. Follow Social Distancing
c. Wash your hands frequently
For any questions, please contact our SoCal Tamil Cultural team:
Arthi (949) 678-9022
Nithya (310) 343-1219
You can also email your questions to email@example.com